Friday, August 1, 2014

College Football Fans, We’re Taking You Where No Other Fans Have Ever Been – Seriously

On the evening of August 13, 2014, DudeYouCrazy.net readers will get to follow along (on Twitter [1] , and maybe on here if we can figure it all out) as I enter the brand new, not-opening-until-ten-days-later College Football Hall of Fame. Oh, and I’ll be shacking up there.  Seriously, I’m sleeping at the CFB HOF.

How did this happen?  Well, this wasn’t given.  Much like LeBron James’ Northeast Ohio, when Chick-fil-A and the College Football Hall of Fame are involved, nothing is given…everything is earned.

I won an essay contest.  I saw a promotion online, I typed the 133 words found below.  I won.  That’s what I do.

A few reasons why this is so great:

  1. The thesis of the essay is simple: College Football = America.  If you know me, you probably expect this type of thing.
  2. In the essay I proudly extol some of college football’s many virtues, like education.
  3. In the essay I use the term “multifaceted love.”
  4. Now I can will call myself an award-winning college football writer.

 

So when I enter the new Hall of Fame as one of the first 100 entrants, know that I, Andrew Hall, am the Hall of fame.  And follow on Twitter [2] as I give you a behind the scenes look of what sleeping in an un0pened museum is like.

It’s going to be just like this, but a lot more fun and with fewer lions.

 

And now, here’s what an award-winning essay looks like:

I love college football because it represents everything good and pure in the United States.  Unbridled competition is crossed with transcendent strategy and multiplied by an environment that encourages sportsmanship, education, passion and excellence.

 

The ties between fans and their rooting alliances run so deep that lines are blurred.  “They” becomes “We.”  “Team” becomes “Fans.”  There is no out of bounds, only a vast sea of loyalists extending upon the playing field both in the stadium and on couches around the land.

 

College football is the great American game thanks to its rich history, its colorful tradition and its adaptive future.

 

Nothing in this life can compare with 100,000 fans uniting in one unified but multifaceted love.  Love of sport.  Love of higher education. Love of victory. And love of loyalty…even in defeat.

 

That’s all I got/

Andrew

 

 

Links
  1. ^ Twitter (twitter.com)
  2. ^ Twitter (twitter.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog