Athens, Greece â" Hadokoa, maker of focused mobile applications, today is proud to announce the release of Corpus 3.0, a new update to their social networking app for iOS devices (iPod touch, iPad, iPhone). Corpus is an application that provides a collaboration environment for more than one author to contribute to a single story. Corpusâs vision for stories was born from two areas namely social awareness where people form social networks in online places and online multiplayer gaming with emphasis on team collaboration. Merging these areas and applying them to story writing has given birth to Corpus.
The new version (v3) is focused on emphasizing the social networking nature of the vision by providing a clearly defined member area that allows the member to manage their story writing, their profile and to collaborate easily with other members. Corpus carries out its vision by providing the following full feature set:
* Browse and Search the online library
* Download a story for reading or contributing
* Create a story
* Add reading and contribution permissions when creating a story
* Share the story with friends and associates
* Editing and reading the story is done naturally like turning a page through a book
* Reserve a story for contribution
* Reminder about reservation
* Be notified when there are updates to a story
* Flag a story if you are not happy with the content
* Rate a story
* Make a story personal, e.g. like a diary
* View each individual contribution to a story
* Customize how the story appears
* Can be used in both landscape and portrait modes
Users can download a story (without registering) from the latest or popular listings or by searching story titles and content. Users can view from these results, various characteristics about the story, e.g. the number of contributors, date of the last content addition, ratings and the number of views/downloads of the story. Once the story has been downloaded to the userâs personal library it can be viewed in a book-style format. The user can query who has contributed which content visually.
A story can be rated so that other members can decide on whether it is worth reading or contributing. A user who registers can reserve the story provided they have the necessary permissions or editing has been set to public. A reservation is for a limited time as to ensure no one member blocks the progress of a story. A reminder is sent out once the halfway mark in the reservation has been reached. Corpus will automatically cancel the reservation if the reservation period has been exceeded and the member has not published their addition.
The new member area in Corpus provides a number of sections of useful information such as the stories created, the stories contributed to and stories that they have been given personal editing access by the creating author. Additionally they can view with which members they have collaborated on the same story. A profile page is provided for the members to record their preferences and so as to allow better retrieval of suitable collaborators when creating a story.
Creating a story is as simple as selecting the title, adding reading and writing permissions and choosing with whom to collaborate or to not collaborate at all. This allows customization for the following permissions:
* One member can write, and everyone can read
* One member can write and only one member can read (effectively like a diary)
* Everyone can read and everyone can write
The member has unlimited time to publish the first content of the story. Corpus does not interfere with the actual content in a story and it is up to the members to flag a story as having inappropriate content. Once a threshold has been reached the content is automatically removed from the story. Various administrative tools are provided as to provide a one-point access to the Corpus platform through the mobile application.
Corpus provides a friendly and useful environment for story collaboration. Marios Moutzouris from Hadokoa summarizes, âStory writing should not only be in the realm of a single author because the limit to a story can be the worldâs imagination.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
* 30.9 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Corpus 3.0 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Hadokoa is an outfit of modern-day digital craftsmen with a keen eye on creating the finest products of today and tomorrow. Breaking down the boundaries between design & development to bring forward a thrilling new experience for the video game enthusiast, savvy app user and the general consumer with an appreciation for quality. Copyright (C) 2014 Hadokoa. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Related Posts B
- The social story making app is here
- Corpus Collusion Adds Retina Display Graphics To The Dream Log App
- Corpus Collusion Adds Instant Import To The Recipe Box App
- Corpus Collusion Launches The Recipe Box To Go App for iPhone
- Spires 1.0 released for iOS devices â" Tower Defense with an Epic Story