Sunday, July 27, 2014

Mizuno Baton (less iPhone) | Lisa's Thoughts

inland.lisa
 Day 5 of 7
Inland Lake is one of those hidden treasures. It is probably the longest continuous FLAT run that we have in Powell River. The path is in pristine shape right now, with very few roots, etc. so you can just turn your mind off and go.
I was a little later getting up to the lake this morning (9:30am) but it was still quiet and cool. As I ran around the path, I passed many bikers, walkers, runners and swimmers. It was nice to see the area getting well used.
My plan was to circle the lake (13.5km) and then tag on extra mileage at the end, depending how spunky I felt. I had the GPS watch to track the kilometers. I also knew that to Anthony Island and back from the boat launch was 7km. I was not committing to any set distance after the full lap as I am a firm believer that my form is more important than miles. If I start breaking down, I pull the plug. If a runner tries to run through bad habits I am certain it catches up to them in the end. That in turns leads to NO running, which leads to multiple awful things (grumpiness, weight gain, loss of one’s mind…). Check out http://www.goodformrunning.com/ [1] for some simple easy tips on good form.
Once back at the car I felt a little tired. The plan from there was to keep going 2.5km out (to the first covered picnic area) and turn around, thus giving me an extra 5km. Well, at the 1 km marker my body took over and before I knew it, I had myself turned around and heading for home. I knew better than to fight thr ough the guilt.
Back at the car I clocked in at 16km total and headed into the lake for a swim. As I walked into the water, I looked up and 5 meters in front of me, floating along was a loon. Precious moments. We live in an amazing place (summertime at least!).
Tomorrow is Day 6 of Mizuno Baton. Maybe I’ll make it a shorter faster day. I have enjoyed the focus of the week. It is more running than I normally do but it has been fun thinking up different places to run and then write about. Hopefully it will give some of you ideas of where to run or walk the next time you are thinking of lacing up. “Everything is funner with a runner”

Download the FREE Mizuno Baton App and start your week of fitness and donation. For every mile that you walk or run, Mizuno will donate $1 to the Back on Your Feet Charity that assists homeless folks get “Back on their feet”. Check out the website for more details http://www.ifeverybodyran.com [2] Don’t forget to sign up at Avid also to get in on all of the free draw prizes too! Contest ends Aug. 20th

 

Links
  1. ^ http://www.goodformrunning.com/ (www.goodformrunning.com)
  2. ^ http://www.ifeverybodyran.com (www.ifeverybodyran.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog