Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cynthia's Blog: First Picnic of 2012

Picnics make me happy. I grew up on picnics. My grandparents lived across the street from the town's park, which had a petting zoo and a carousel. My grandmother on the spur of the moment would fry some chicken, make a coleslaw and we would all head over to the park for dinner.

I have been picnic deprived for a number of years now. So I decided to make 2012 the summer of picnics. My two friends, Tricia and Susan, and I decided to meet for a picnic lunch. Each of us brought something to drink and share. We all are trying to lose weight so we all brought healthy stuff. That thing in the picture in the lower left corner is 1/2  cucumber sandwich. It was a perfect picnic...good friends, good conversation...good food...even a tiny bit of chocolate. All that was missing was the carousel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog