Friday, December 16, 2011

DailyCheapskate: New DailyCheapskate feature: Free App Friday

If you're a regular reader of DailyCheapskate, you know that I am a big technology fan. I particularly love my Iphone, because Iphone technology makes my life easier and more fun.  I love the compactness of an Iphone as well.  If I'm going somewhere new, I don't need a separate GPS because my Mapquest app takes advantage of Iphone's built-in GPS and will help me if I get lost.  If I'm going to a wedding, no need for a separate digital camera, because Iphone's built in video camera is excellent.  My current favorite game on my Iphone, Coin Drop, keeps me busy while I'm waiting to see my dentist. And of course, I can check my email, Facebook status, and Twitter-feed on the go.  I can even blog from my Iphone!

Oh yes, and I can call people with it.

Every Friday, I'm going to try to feature one or two apps, not just for Iphones but for all smartphones and tablets.  I'm going to try to focus on apps that are free or near-free and I'm going to feature apps that either make your life easier or are fun (or both). And, dear readers, If you have any leads or suggestions, please let me know and I'll be happy to credit you with the find!


Today, I've got a useful app for kosher-keeping Iphone and Android users:  Kosher Near Me.  It's a GPS-based app that locates kosher restaurants and establishments near you.  It's free.  Download for Android here [1] and for Iphone here [2] .   This is a great app for traveling.
And for a fun app, Ipad and Iphone users can download Monopoly Here and Now: The World Edition.  Download it for Iphones her [3] e and for Ipads here [4] .  The Ipad edition is normally $9.99.  What more can I say about Monopoly; it's such a classic!

Enjoy and please send me your suggestions  for next week's Free App Friday.

Links
  1. ^ Download for Android here (market.android.com)
  2. ^ for Iphone here (itunes.apple.com)
  3. ^ for Iphones her (itunes.apple.com)
  4. ^ for Ipads here (itunes.apple.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog