Thursday, January 29, 2015

Best Android and iPhone calendar apps and widgets (2015 edition)

1. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3068; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)

Lots of choices with awesome features.

2. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3643; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)

No doubt Cal is the most beautiful calendar app. But PA should try this one
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.underwood.calendar_beta&hl=en [1]
I'm using it for a few days now.... So far, So good. :)

11. gustavoace (Posts: 113; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)

Here too.... Great app and material design =D

18. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1349; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)

Today is my calender to go to for some time now and I love it. The dev is very active and puts in very nice features.

3. jellmoo (Posts: 726; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)

Used Cal for a while now and recently switched to Sunrise to give it a go. Very nice featureset. Not quite as beautiful as Cal, but a little easier to navigate your overall calendar.

4. JC557 (Posts: 1180; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)

I like Sol and a.Calendar for their month view option for the widgets. Since I have an HTC device I default to the built in calendar widget which has served me very well. For my backup Motorola devices it's either Sol or a.Calendar but Sol wins out for it's customization being mostly free unlike aCalendar in which I have to pay to unlock different colors (dark works best for AMOLED).

6. Stuntman (Posts: 796; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)

I'm using Android Pro Widgets for my calendar.

7. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3803; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)

"Free" calendar programs all steal your data and make you the product. They will sell where you go to eat, who you know, where you like to go, how much money they can determine you are spending on different things, when you are on vacation, how often you are sick, etc.

10. willard12 (Posts: 919; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)

For some people, that just saves them time from having to put it on Facebook.

8. Philipand96 (Posts: 82; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)

I tried both
aCalendar - Android Calendar (Tapir Apps GmbH)
and DigiCal Calendar & Widgets ( Digibites )

But buy far the best is... is Business Calendar (Appgenix Software) multiple display eg instead of week / month say 5 day view ,or 8 day view, you got it

Appointments on S-planner phone can be changed to Google calendar easily

Any appointment can be copied retaining all the text so used as a template for another appointment.

Afaik ONLY S-planner allows you to bluetooth a calendar event to another phone

As I have a Window 8 phone I can bluetooth a private event form my Samsung Galaxy Sam Gal phone to my W8 phone

Items I save in Google Calendar I can sync to my Window 8 phone so no need to bluetooth
items I want just on my phone I bluetooth across from Sam gal to W8

Reason
unbeknowst to me Nokia have disabled some of features of bluetoothon W8 presumedly W7 also

Calendar event CANNOT be sent by Blutetooth to another phone ONLY RECIEVED

Business calendar is far superior of the 3, UNLIKE S-PLANNER NO BLUETOOTH.
Iin order no to retype or sync private event, by Bluetooth

Business calendar to create or edit, duplicate any event, S-Planner to bluetooth to another phone

9. durrav (Posts: 10; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)

Can't believe Today Calendar isn't on this list! By far my favorite calendar app. All the functions I need and beautifully designed. Nice animations with material design.

12. ePoch270 (Posts: 113; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)

^^^ Ditto. Terrible ommission.

13. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1349; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)

Same here, was scrolling down to expect that one also. For me the best calendar and a very active developer.

14. Tomfromsouth (Posts: 61; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)

Quite a big fan of the Google calendar - mostly because of its simplicity and great agenda widget. The material design I feel was designed in the calendar in mind. Good job Google team.

15. torr310 (Posts: 490; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)

DigiCal +1

Tried Google Calendar one week ago and it felt terrible.

16. ianbbaa (Posts: 245; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)

Tried more of them only to check if they are better then S-planner on Samsung phones. No of them have basic YEAR overview which S-planner has. For those that plan months ahead it is a good feature so i stay with S-planner also for TASKs that sync with exchange.

17. jonbo (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Dec 2014)

You should try zoom calendar.
best calendar i have used.

20. willywanta (Posts: 48; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)

i use sol calendar on my phone. I love it's stickers and overall design. Meanwhile i use sunrise on my macbook air. It is good, but the design is pretty bland.

21. nathanb131 (Posts: 1; Member since: 2 days ago)

Good list. Lots of great apps here. Really surprised by the rankings though. I've always favored calendars that most efficiently display the 'big picture' of the next few days/months with the ability to toggle on/off work, personal, events, family etc calendars. For this purpose Business Calendar is an incredibly productive app. Using most of the top ranked here would drive me insane because I'd constantly have to click around on different days to see what's coming and dive deep into a menu to 'toggle' on/off certain calendars.

'Simple' isn't more efficient, it's just simpler. With one glance at my default BCal view I can effortlessly get the big picture of my schedule without having to navigate through some pretty bubbles to paint that same picture. Information density allows me to see the entire house without having to take a tour room-by-room like Any.do would make me do. But hey that guided tour is more aesthetically pleasing righ t?! I don't understand this trend of viewing information density as ugly and complicated. How is having to tap around several times to see the big picture now seen as 'better' design?

Business Calendar being down this list is like putting Microsoft Excel behind a handful of slick calculator apps because they just 'feel' nicer when calculating a tip.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog