Sunday, March 16, 2014

Your Favorite iPhone eBook App

Your Favorite iPhone eBook App

From the article: Top 6 iPhone eBook Apps

When it comes to iPhone apps, there’s not just a library of eBooks to choose from, there’s a library of apps to buy and read them with. We’ve selected our favorite iPhone eBook apps, but want to know yours? Where do you get your best reading material for the iPhone? (Strictly promotional submissions by developers or their PR agents won’t be published. Let’s hear from actual users.) Tell Us Your Favorite

STANZAHands down Stanza is the best. you can send your ebooks via email to anyone you like, and open any epub file from the web into Stanza. super customizable and just plain great. hope it never dies again like it did for a while when iOS 5 came out. Mon

Kindle for iPhoneIt’s so convenient and comfy that I can’t feel the difference from a tablet once I get started on reading. YHH

Marvin for iOSI found Marvin a few months ago and it has replaced Stanza for me. Lots and lots of customization features and I can browse Feedbooks and Project Gutenberg right from the app. It has a nice Night theme for reading in the dark, which is important to me. Pat

Amazon destroying competitorsStinks. They earlier bought Mobipocket Reader and immediately killed support for the Palm OS it’s still by far my favorite for reading,What Does it Mean for Android [1] , as it can do barely glowing dim orange on black for midnight reading without losing dark adaptation. Great for camping under the stars. hank

Favorite readerI use several readers. iBooks, Kindle, Nook, and Bluefire, which interfaces with iTunes to download library books. I use the Kindle mostly since my library now has the option of downloading directly to Kindle. Romaine

Used to love StanzaI just downloaded ShuBook . looks great . but anyone know if the Stanza files backed up to my computer are going to be accessible to ShuBook or will I need to redownload my ole favs . also anyone know of a good audio book app with free books? Woz

Stanza is DeadIt breaks my heart, but when I upgraded to iOS 5 I found that none of my ePUBs worked anymore. Turns out it is because Lexcycle was purchased by Amazon, and they aren’t interested in supporting a rival platform. This is very disappointing as Stanza is HANDS DOWN the best ePUB app I’ve ever used. As a jail breaker, iBooks won’t run on my device (until there is a DRM work around patch). So I would suggest ShuBook (free). The interface is pretty generic, but it has built in repositories for gutenberg et al, syncs easily with iTunes, and is designed to read English or Chinese and Korean characters natively, and can adjust L >R orientation T >B scrolling for character reading. epub fan

iBooksI love this app. It is easy on the eyes. It makes the pages look like real book pages. You can tint the page to sepia and change the font and change the size. Downloading a new book is very easy and payment is thru your iTunes account. Bev

iphone ebook appThe Kindle app. The ebooks through Amazon are significantly cheaper than other ebook stores and there are some GREAT free ebooks (not just the classics). The ease of downloading into the iphone is great too. Stephani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog