Saturday, May 11, 2013

Smartphone App Wrap: Movies, Twitter, games, and exercise

I am not a single smartphone guy and use every mobile OS so I get the chance to try out lots of applications. We now find hundreds of thousands of apps and it can be difficult finding new ones to try. This is the first installment of a planned weekly Smartphone App Wrap gallery where I'll post some thoughts on new and useful mobile apps, along with representative screenshots from those apps.

Mobile operating systems today are quite advanced and come with lots of integrated apps and utilities. A lot is written about mobile applications and how many are available for each platform. I am guilty of installing something like 50 apps on my devices, but then using just five to ten on a regular basis.

Android

Remember The Milk: I have been looking for a good task list application that works across mobile platforms and for a while I was using Wunderlist. They then updated the service and dropped Windows Phone support so I had to look elsewhere. I discovered Remember The Milk [1] (Google Play Store link) and dove in to using it as soon as the latest Android version was released that offered a slick UI.

I love the way you can quickly filter your tasks on the left side and then swipe back and forth to interact with the app.

 

Links
  1. ^ Remember The Milk (play.google.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog