Thursday, January 5, 2012

Azkend free iPhone app review

Azkend: 4.5 out of 5

Azkend is one of the best free iPhone apps [1] that I’ve come across in quite a while. It’s difficult to find a game that holds my interest and is also free. With so many apps out there to pick from it can be frustrating to download them and find out they are boring or completely not what you had in mind. This one is definitely a gem among so many boring ones.

The story begins in far Asia where you find the archaeological relic. The mission is to get to the Temple of Time and return your magical find. But on a more serious note this game really reminds me of Bejeweled only better! Yes, I said it, better. The goal is very similar, match like items of three or more to remove them from the board. However, with Azkend you don’t have to destroy your targets in any real pattern; meaning you don’t have to remove them vertically or just horizontally. You can make a match of three in odd patterns which allows you to more easily clear the board and move further along in the game. You will be required to match items such as ancient vases and flowers and umbrellas.

As for music, this game doesn’t really have that much just some background noises but they are kind of loud. It’s not the typical background noise so I don’t necessarily feel the need to shut it off completely but I do opt to turn it down slightly.

So far I haven’t progressed too far in the game, not from the fact that I’m not interested it’s just lack of time. The game is actually very addicting and when I do start playing I find it difficult to put down! That’s a great sign for an amazing free app; the inability to put the game down certainly makes it one I’d highly recommend to friends and family.

Another great thing about his app is that it’s great for all ages. The gameplay is fairly easy for my little nephew to figure out even though it’s not something that I would say is going to be super easy for them to grasp at a young age. It does keep him entertained and he’s getting the hang of it. However, it is a really great game for children who are a little bit older as well as teenagers and, of course, adults.

The bottom line on this one is that if I were to rate it one to ten, ten being great, I would probably give it an eight. Unfortunately I’m not exactly sure how many levels there are but so far I’ve played about seven and it seems like there are quite a few more to tackle before moving on to another country.

It’s definitely an easy game to follow, I didn’t need to read any instructions prior to playing and it’s pretty addictive. I highly recommend this to all of my friends and family and even if it weren’t free I think I would pay for it since its so much fun!

Price: $2.99 (This was FREE for Monster Free Apps users. Save $$ and download MFA now!)

Download Monster Free Apps from App Store

Azkend Screen Shot

Azkend Review

Category: Games Updated: Nov 10, 2011 Version: 1.24 Size: 23.4 MB Language: English Seller: 10tons Ltd. © 2009 MythPeople Rated 4+
Links
  1. ^ best free iPhone apps (www.monsterfreeapps.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog