Have you ever been playing a trivia game and thought to yourself, “Hey, do you know what this needs? Some light torso stretches!” Well, I haven’t. But if you have, this game is right up your alley. IDuhKnow utilizes your iPhone or iPad’s gyroscope and touchpad to simulate a truly unique 3D trivia gaming environment. You might be asking yourself, “But why?” Honestly, I’m not quite sure.
The app requires the 4.2 software update for the iPhone 4, which for some reason my iTunes is being a jerk about downloading and installing without crashing my whole computer. So instead, I had to download this onto my husband’s iPad. I imagine one major difference between the two is the fact that the text is much easier to read on the larger screen. Ultimately, this may be an app idea that translates much better to the iPad than the iPhone, but again, I can’t really tell you that for sure. Both are available for free, so you can download them and judge for yourself.
So the idea here is that you’re standing in front of a trivia board which gives you a variety of questions to answer. Right off the bat, the board warns you that questions or commands written in red are a priority and must be addressed first, even if they conflict with those written in white. Ok—so I guess they’re going for sort of a Simon Says twist. Cool. Let’s see how this goes.
Questions are multiple choice, and the possible answers are positioned along the walls to your left and right, so you have to physically twist your body to see all of your choices. Aside from giving me slight vertigo, it also made my husband extremely nervous that I was going to drop his iPad. So, maybe I have the reputation for being slightly clumsy. Okay, it’s more like comically Charlie Chaplin-esque. The other day I came out of the bathroom and got my belt loop stuck on the door knob, and you can bet that hilarity did ensue. But you can all breathe a sigh of relief—I didn’t drop the precious iPad.
The questions range from simple yet bizarre photo identification (Touch the flight attendant. Don’t touch the disco bunny.) to standard pop culture (What was the name of Bruce Willis’s character in The Sixth Sense?). You might have to pick up a sword and pop all the red balloons (but not the green ones!), or you might have to decide which movie featured Bruce Willis as John McClane. (Seriously, guys, what is with your obsession with Bruce Willis movies? Someone needs to get a Netflix account, like, right now.)
IDuhKnow is an interesting concept, and I think with a few tweaks this could be a fun game. Aside from the fact that I personally think the whole 3D trivia idea is a bit forced, the game itself is horribly frustrating. If you get one question wrong, you have to start all over again with the stupid flight attendant and the forbidden disco bunny. The game info swears there are save points available along the way, but I couldn’t figure it out. After a few rounds, I got gave up and moved on to something else.
Price: $0.99 (This was FREE for Monster Free Apps users. Save $$ and download it now!)
IDuhKnow Screen Shot
Category: Games Released: Jul 19, 2011 Version: 1.0 Size: 34.9 MB Language: English Seller: The Illusion Factory © illusionfactory LLC Rated 4+


No comments:
Post a Comment